IARG | International Association for the study of Religion and Gender
The International Association for the study of Religion and Gender (IARG) is officially founded February 13th 2015 at the conference ‘Religion, Gender and Body Politics’ at Utrecht University, the Netherlands.
We welcome all scholars from around the world working in the field of religion and gender to join the IARG. Information about membership can be found here.
The International Association for the study of Religion and Gender aims to connect, bring together, and support scholars working in this field and to foster the development of this interdisciplinary field of study.
It operates as a network and a platform of exchange and collaboration in research, and organizes support, training and coaching in particular for young scholars in this field.
- Organizing a biannual conference;
- Facilitating the publication of the open access journal Religion and Gender;
- Promoting exchange and networking among PhD students in the field, for instance through the organization of a summer school;
- Creating an online platform with profile pages for members as well as with resources such as interactive / virtual educational modules for students and scholars in the field;
- The launch of a book series (such as monographs, dissertations, conference proceedings).